Live-In Caregivers for 24hr Support at Home
At Home Care Assistance Vancouver, we understand the importance of “home” for elderly individuals who can no longer care for themselves. Our live-in care services make it possible for elderly individuals to remain in the comfort of home, while receiving the attention and care they need. With 24/7 monitoring and personalized care plans, our dedicated live-in caregivers are helping to maximize safety and improve the quality of life for their clients. We provide a wide range of live-in home care services such as:
- Performing Daily Tasks: light housekeeping, dishes, laundry, picking up prescriptions and grocery shopping.
- Assistance with Personal Care: bathing, dressing, incontinence, toileting and grooming.
- Companionship Services: socialization and participation in daily activities.
- Special Needs Care: memory care, mobility help, supervision of prescribed therapy and exercise, wheelchair transfer.
- Health Support: nutritious meal preparation, medication reminders, accompaniment to medical appointments and organizing physical exercises.
Rest assured your loved one is in professional and caring hands
At Home Care Assistance Vancouver, our strong commitment to providing exceptional care to seniors in the Greater Vancouver area has earned us a trusted name.
Every aspect of your loved one’s care is carefully planned and supervised by an experienced Case Manager− and this is what differentiates our services from other home care services. With our professional care team our clients benefit from:
- Consistency of Care: Our live-in caregivers are expertly matched with the client for the length of the case. We typically assign a primary caregiver who provides care for four to five days a week and then a secondary caregiver who covers the remainder of the week.
- Value: Our one-to-one client care is the same price as a private room in a nursing home where the ratio of care is often one caregiver to fifteen residents.
- Maximum Professionalism: Home Care Assistance live-in caregivers must maintain a separate residence and are permitted on the client’s premises only during their assigned shifts. They are strictly forbidden from using the client’s property, such as phone, television, or car for their personal use and cannot have visitors to the home while they are working. Our clients can relax and enjoy the comforts of their own home, knowing that their personal space is respected.
- Reduced Risk: Home care reduces the risk of infection that can be associated with a facility environment. In addition, because our caregivers are typically only focused on one client at a time, they’re more likely to notice any problems before they become serious, which is critical to reducing hospital readmission rates.
- Quality Caregivers: We run background checks on all our potential employees and administer a psychological examination, developed by on-site PhD psychologists to tests for honesty and conscientiousness. All of our caregivers are bonded and insured as employees of Home Care Assistance, not independent contractors.
Ongoing Expert Case Management: The Client Case Manager (CCM) is a key point of contact for clients, referral sources, and the broader community. Client Case Managers develop and oversee clients’ care plans, ensuring the highest standard of professionalism from all members of the care team. Case managers work directly with families to make sure clients are happy over the course of our service.