Our Proprietary Cognitive Therapeutics Method™
The Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ is Home Care Assistance’s proprietary program designed to promote brain health and quality of life through cognitively stimulating activities in the familiar home environment. The Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ offers:
- Non-pharmacological approaches consistent with scientific research
- One-on-one mental stimulation and basic care support in the home
- Activities that focus on more than just memory
- A routine to look forward to that keeps aging minds active
Keeping Aging Minds Active
View our short video and Home Care Assistance’s proprietary Cognitive Therapeutics Method™
Cognitive Therapeutics Method™
Why use an ordinary caregiver when you can hire a caregiver who is trained in the Cognitive Therapeutics Method™?
Home Care Assistance proudly trains caregivers in our proprietary Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ so that clients receive one-on-one cognitive stimulation as well as support with basic care and activities of daily living at no additional cost. Clients who participate in the Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ report enjoying the cognitive stimulation aspect of the program as well as an improved level of engagement and overall happiness.
A comprehensive cognitive activities program supporting individual needs
The Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ was developed based on cutting-edge scientific research and is consistent with growing evidence such as the ACTIVE study funded by the National Institutes of Health, suggesting that cognitive stimulation is associated with long-term brain health benefits. The Method currently includes over 20 activities targeting not just memory, but the five cognitive domains.
- Executive Functioning includes cognitive abilities such as reasoning, problem solving, judgment, and thought flexibility
- Attention refers to the ability to focus on a specific piece of information for a long period of time, while ignoring competing distractions
- Language refers to the ability to execute verbal functions including spontaneous speech, speech repetition, speech comprehension, naming, reading and writing
- Visual-Spatial Perception involves the ability to accurately perceive an object’s physical location and understand the relationships between objects
- Memory refers to the ability to retain information and utilize it later
To find out more about The Cognitive Therapeutics Method™, call (778) 715-5134 and speak with a Care Manager now.